Tuesday, September 27, 2011

L.A. Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow Review & Swatches




So, Last week while I was breezing by the aisles at Dollar Tree for some items for my upcoming store event, I came across some beautiful eyeshadows that made me stop dead in my tracks. I mean literally... A lady almost ran in the back of my foot with her cart! ha ha Anyway I started looking at them and I couldn't contain the happiness I felt..Yes I am crazy for makeup, I thought you knew! So I grabbed all the colors that I saw and couldn't wait to get home to test them out. (I didn't wait..I started doing swatches of them in the car while my husband was looking at me crazy!) When I got home I redid swatches of them (yes I loved them that much) and couldn't wait to review them. So, today I sat down and did swatches on every single color. It took forever but I'll do anything for makeup (like I said, I thought you knew! ha ha). So continue on below to see just exactly what I think of each color!


First up: Southern Belle



The first color is a dark purple with a light shimmer to it. This particular color needs to be packed on a bit to get the true color intensity.



The second color is a darker teal colored blue/green. Don't need much of this to show it's true intensity, only one swipe was needed!



The third color is a aqua color. This one doesn't need much either to show it's true intensity.



And here are the swatches on my NW50 Skinetone:






Second up: Tiki Punch



The first color is a light baby pink with a light shimmer to it. This particular color is chalky and needs to be packed on a lot to get the true color.



The second color is a pretty hot pink. Don't need much of this, only one swipe is needed!



The third color is a purple maroon color. This one doesn't need much either to show up.




And here are the swatches:














Third up: Grassy Knoll



The first color is a light kelly green. This particular color has a gold sheen running through.




The second color is a dark hunter spring green. This has a blue base undertone. Don't need much of this, only one swipe is needed!



The third color is a army olive green color. It has a beautiful yellow golden sheen running through that I simply love. It's my favorite in this trio! This one also doesn't need much to show up.



And here are the swatches:









Fourth up: Moon Rock





The first color is a dark turquoise blue. This particular color has a silver sheen running through it.



The Second color is a dark cobalt blue. Very very pretty with beautiful shimmer!




The Third color is a midnight charcoal gray color with silver undertone. Very mystic!




And here are the swatches:









Fifth up: Sand Dune




First color is a pretty sky blue that has a silver shimmer overlay and very pigmented.




Second color is a penny golden bronze color and is my favorite of the bunch. I'm a sucker for golden hues!



The third color is a nice charcoal gray color that really shimmery and pretty!




And here are the swatches:











Sixth up: Lemon Grove





The first color is a lime green with shimmer.



The second color is a bright lemon yellow. Great Pigmentation and very true to pan color!




The third color is a earthy bronzed brown with a metallic sheen. Rich and pigmented!




And here are the swatches:










Seventh Up: Boardwalk



The first color is a mustard gold with a shimmer sheen to it.




The second color is a burnt orange that's this seasons most popular color and must have! Very rich and color saturated. I have been wearing this palette almost everyday since getting it! This color can be a bit chalky if too much is applied so be careful. As long as you have on a good creamy base it should be fine!




The third color is a true bronzed gold with a metallic sheen. Very Rich and very pigmented!



And here are the last swatches:











So overall I simply love L.A. Colors and they are a local company based in Rancho Cucamonga CA by Beauty 21 Cosmetics which is nice!! So if you have a Dollar Tree near you, stop in and see what goodies you can find and don't forget to visit them on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/lacolorsusa

If you would like to see a tutorial on one of these trios let me know in the comment section below!....makeup wishes!!

- Shanilton

No comments:

Post a Comment